Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo.....
I know this is a wild idea but what if there was a company out there, an independent company that re-created the classic cougar but with modern amenities and sell it once again as NEW. I figured there would be patent/copyright issue but I really think that many people would buy it. Of course, these cars would need to be created so that it is cost effective to compete in the marketplace.

This concept could also be appiled to any of the muscle cars of that era

Mustangs
Challengers
Chargers
etc...

What do you think of this??

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Cougar is not popular enough to warrant it unfortunately. Now a Mustang changed up to be a retro-Cougar, that would be something saleable and not too huge an undertaking. There is a thread somewhere around here with concept pictures and everything. Good luck finding that thread though (per today's/recent discussion about search not working worth a darn).

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
A few years back Nissan sponsored a program to sell restored/refurbished 240Zs. They were cool but only a handful were sold.

There are companies that upgrade/refurbish old Jaguars and the like.

Recently a company in England started selling refurbished/restored Jensen Interceptors with upgraded suspension and Corvette drivetrains.

Cool idea but probably not practical as the market is limited by the demand for the cars and high price. A lot uf us do the same thing anyway with the Cougars we currently own.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The coolest thing about a jensen interceptor was the drivetrain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts