Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Is the Retro-RWD Cougar idea a good idea or not?

• Brilliant idea! I'd buy it immediately

Votes: 56 43.8%
  • Good idea

Votes: 65 50.8%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Horrible idea

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have read this whole thing I have been trying to figure out where I weigh in. So far the best idea, I have heard is kirkm76's mustang idea. A limited production Eliminator, find out if they can pull this off. Obviously it would have to have a unique Cougar body, but let everything under the skin be Mustang.

On the flip side, the worst idea I have heard also belonged to kirkm76. The crossover thing would really kill the name. When re-using a name, the newer version can adversely affect the future and the heritage.

Last part of this diatribe has to do with "ricers", in this agree with everything Bones had to say.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
MY idea would be to stretch the mustang a couple of inches use the 5.4 SOHC as a base motor the 5.4 DOHC for the GT and a 5.4 DOHC supercharged for the Eliminator. What say you to that guys?

·
Registered
181 Posts
We owe it to ourselves to relive our cougar heritage by having a new model be done justice and be made in the image of what Cougar use to be in all its early history.

"So let it be written... So shall it be done."

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, i think most of us members either think the new cougar is a good idea or a brilliant idea while only 4 members think its a bad idea and only 1 member thinks its a horible idea. But i say... we can do it. Its an excellent idea and it should be done. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?... Hell no!... Whos with me?... Come on Mercury.. Lets Do it!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dude, I'm With You!

I'M WITH YOU BUT NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE GERMANS AND PEARL HARBOR.:aug2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
2007 Cougar

:cool: Hot Rod August 2004, Page 88,89 Five cars Detriot Must Build. The cat looks cool!!! Very fitting grill. Will post picture If I can get it to scan.:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Someone's been reading the "How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb" thread...:1poke:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts