Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Results of Road trip....with pictures

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  benchseat67 
#1 ·
Here it is. As soon as I give it some long overdue love it will be on the market. Another "Rescue job".

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
:cyclops: So, since it is a "rescue", would I be able to write off the purchase?

Looks like a very nice specimen, you are quite the bloodhound, well done.

#6 · (Edited)
What - did you find the Mother Load of lost 73's ????? I see this one has the same "standard" wheel covers as those on the '72 that my brother's wife owned back before they were married... and the car was maybe 5 years old! Must have something to do with the fact that the badge atop the grille center is black instead of red.
Interestingly enough; those wheel covers, minus the blue-surrounded walking cat, look very much like the 1" larger diameter covers that came on my Dad's '71 LTD.

Also, noticed the tiny remains of 3M adhesive on the deck above the right tailight.... where there used to be a script "Cougar" badge. Somebody worked harder on scraping off the the left-over adhesive than I have.... you can still read the entire word on my decklid, right next to the still-mounted XR7 badge.

But this one's a 'vert - congratulations!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.