Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done this and about how much money does this cost to restore a car?...saying the car is in good shape.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
If your making your own it is the way to go to take it down to the frame so to speak ( I know we have no frames) it is really great i have not built mine yet but will before i do my tbird. you can get plans to build your own at http://www.classictbird.com/Home page.html and it would be a group cheaper than buying one. as to the restore that is subjective on each car. our cougars are no where near as hard to restore as say a kiaser. but more than a chevy or mustang. how much are you planning to do and how far are you going to take it. concourse restomod or just a nice driver. what are your skills? if you do allot of the work yourself then not much but if you have to farm everything out to contractors then a whole lot more. it is way to subjective to get a good answer because out of all of us here we are all doing diffrent things with diffrent skill levels and in diffrent parts of the country and world for that matter.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
contact marshall, he's doing it right now on his 70 Eliminator. He has pix in the gallery of the car on the rotis. maybe he can help you out with any questions.

Rick

·
Registered
889 Posts
1/2 rotis.

I saw one at the columbus ford show in april but only went 1/2 way- so you can work underneith the car.This thing was powered by a 3/8 electric drill there was a mustang hooked up on it engine and all I cant remember the price.It strored well too

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dan the one you seen at Columbus is called the Liqui, vehicle tilter and if I remember its around $900. mm

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
HMMMMMMMMM,
looks like the bulb in the ol head light socket lit up when i seen the engine stand plans and buildup.. instead od doing the T style base engine stands ill do the 2 leg stands and just run 2 pieces of angle iron lengthwise and connect the 2 legs on each end and weld up 2 casters in the center for more stability ..... HELL YEAH
:ylsup::ylsup:
thanks
pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts