·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Thanks Bob!!
We do what we can and as a 69 owner myself I know what pieces we catz need. I do 'pride' myself on being able to find viable solutions to our catz anomolies.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
ray,
you restore cracked ones as well? Question, do you also do center grills for 70 eliminators?I got a grill comming but needs to be completly redone
thanks
pat

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Pat
we reuse your old band and I have had several pieces of vinyl and leather sewn up that we apply to the correct strap band and shipback $32. The grilles are $150 for $69s and $175 for 70s and $25 shipping insured. Hit the email button and I'll send shipping info. Catzyalater Doh!! now I see you are Ecat 70 so its all blk anyway. We have in past stripped and repaired ECat grilles for painting.

·
Registered
123 Posts
door pulls-my .02

:D I had Ray make me a pair of pulls recently for my white XR7 interior. They're great!!! Unfortunately, I can't post before & after pics but the pulls are very well done! Thanks Ray!
Now comes the BIG decision. Redo front buckets in leather or go vinyl. Any opinions anyone? Cat is a vert to be used for summer cruising. :confused: Bob

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with leather in mine. I did vinyl in a previous car (not Cougar) that had factory leather and regretted it after. It looked like leather but it wasn't the same. Leather is expensive, though.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
leather?

Bob: thanks for responding. I have never owned a car with leather before, so I really don't know what I'm dealing with. I've talked to Ken's cougars and he is running leather in his rides(wholesale helps). John at John's classic cougars says he runs vinyl because of maintenance(in his grocery getter). Why did you regret not spending the big bucks? Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Felt different, smelled different, wore different. Maybe it was just me, but it was never the same afterward. Seats didn't feel right maybe? I couldn't put my finger on it, but the wife said the same thing. And it wasn't cheap vinyl either. When I redid the 69 I went with the leather from JCC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts