Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started on fiberglassing my dash. I plan on resto modding it completely. This is what i have done so far in the past day.
2010-10-10_01_12_35.jpeg

So far ive added to gauge clusters above the new radio mount i made and added some color. Way more to come. I have also started on my middle console adding hidden toggle switches to control radio features and extra lights and accessories.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. You put the additional gauge pod right where the Amp and Oil guages live in the center dash. I sorta-kinda prefer the factory "recessed" gauges angled towards the driver, matching the main cluster; but ya do what ya gotta do to get the gauges in there!

Not so sure about the blue accents around the guages... but then again, I'm thinking in terms of my brown/ginger - colored '73. BTW, are you deleting the A/C vents at top-center of the dash? It looks like that from the picture, but I may be wrong.

I had to go sit in Kathryn for a few minutes - first time in a long time - to remind myself of whether or not the center guages did indeed angle towards the driver. While there, I was somewhat bummed-out to find the crack in the top of my rim-blow steering wheel had opened up to a 1/4" inch gap! Sitting there, I felt my wallet become a few hundred dollars lighter :cry:
I also looked at the amp guage and remembered that I want to put a voltmeter in it's place. I was planning to try that myself; but I know that Rocketman is now converting that gauge as well. On the other hand, there's that big expensive gap in my steering wheel.

What to do, what to do......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts