Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone out there has been down this road so I thought I would run it by the experts out there. I currently have 14x7 Magnums on all four corners of my 69' and I'm going to buy some Reproduction 15x8 Magnums for the back to get a little more meaty look in the back. I have seen Summit sells Magnums by Wheel Vintiques, also seen where Coker sells a Reproduction Magnum also (Which,by the way is more costly),also some of the mustang shops sell them too. Question is Who's is the best or are they any difference. I know that none of them is gonna have the Chrome that will hold up like the factory one, but I want the closest ones out there to the factory at the best price. What's yall's experience. Or Does Anybody Know. Thanks in Advance
Yarddog

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought a set about 5 years ago from Specialty wheels in Sandy, Oregon (503-668-4793). Quality was good and I've had no problems with them. I think the guys name who I delt with and also owned the place was Tom, very nice guy. Original -vs- all brands of repro wheels are different. Originals have rough not so shinny chrome around the spokes and repros are all shinny. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 4Speed for the reply. I didn't know that about the rough - shinny difference, thats good to know. I just wander if it will be that noticeable if i leave the 14 x 7 on the front, if so I might end up with new 15 x 7 on front also. I just didn't want to get the whole set yet. Too many other things I need to spend money on to have it road ready. Thanks again. Yarddog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts