Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my rusted out 70 XR7 Convertible doors, with a pair of rust & dent free 69 XR7 Coupe doors.

I would like to use the glass & regulators from the 70 convertible doors, in the 69 coupe doors, will everything exchange and bolt and mount up with out any modifications?

Also, the 69 doors have the factory power windows, will these work with the 70 internal parts if I decide to install the power window option on the the 70?

And lastly, where is the factory window switch mounted on a 70 XR7 convertible?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Whiz, I put 70 glass and reglators in my 69. Easy swap and it all bolts up. Dont know about converts but I would guess you wont have any problems. In fact if there the same as coupes you have to use your 70 door glass to match your 70 quarter glass. Dont know about the 69 power set up although I know there is a slight difference between the 69 and 70 regulators so you may run into problems with that setup.mm

·
Registered
906 Posts
About the power windows - I would steer clear of putting those in your cat. Well, unless you like having windows that won't go up. Because of their infernal crankiness I'm about halfway through switching mine from power to crank. Besides, the power windows setup is very, very complicated, as it requires a myriad of switches, a special wiring harness, and 4 good working motors. All of which is hard or very expensive to come by. And besides, even when properly installed and with all the correct parts, they work poorly and one window always seems not to work. I am not alone with this problem, either. It is a perpetual cougar problem, similiar to hadlight doors that don't work.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
oaky i will feild this one your doors are the same as well as the front windows they are straight across swap. the r3ear windows are not the same though. also unless you like having more problems i too would stayn away from the elctric lifts they are a problem but will also bolt up but there is more to the harness you will need to ad. hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts