Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not sure about bumper to bumper but chiltons does have a manual for the 67-73 cougars available.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I would recomend a 1967 ford shop manual, It covers far more than a chiltons. You can get a reproduction shop manual from most any Cougar or Mustang vender. they are more expensive but more than worth it. Unless Chiltons has up dated the one they have sence I got one, You will not be happy with it. No vacume headlight info and no turn signel info as the most important missing from chiltons Neal.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Badcatt chiltons does have a new printing out and If memory recalls it had at least the turn signal info in it. It worked out for me but I've got a 73 and the shop manual I purchased didn't have all the info I needed so I purchased the wiring diagram. I would recommend checking out both.The shop manual will most likely have more in it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Go with the Ford manual. I have an original and a reproduction (came with my 67) that I use. Lots of great info!! You can also check eBay ...have seen many originals go for cheap if you want one to use and are not particular about the cover. I don`t know if it is just my copy of the reproduction but about a dozen pages are blank....but they are in the three-speed tranny section, so its ok for me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think John's Classics sells them for 55.00

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your help. Underdash wiring is a mess alot of wire's unpluged so a wiring manual is a must also. Thank's again

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ah, I just realized you were from S.B. I used to live on the corner of Garden and Micheltorena Street. Right across from the big parks. I had to get out of there cus the rent was moo goo cash. I paid 850/mo for a studio apt. (and that was 5yrs ago)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well rent is still sky high and for the working class gets hard to make ends meet. But when I can I drop a few $$ into my car.
Found a place that does reproduction's of the shop manual. Cost is 23.00 + 6.50 shipping. Name is Helm Inc.
Pnone is 1-800-782-4356 Hope that helps someone else. From what I understand that includes wiring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts