Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , im in the process of trying to sell my cougar and i have some minor body things that needed to be fixed , i had some spots that i needed to add filler to it and now im to the point of needing to paint it , except my 72 has the metallic blue but overtime the metallic is now as shiny , im basically wondering is there any small touch of paint that will match or be very close to that kind of color

Also for some reason some of the chrome on my bumper has flaked off and i have seen some guys with the spray cans of chrome spray paint and i have seen some in cans that are amazingly close , is there a decent one that isnt to expensive that i can use it on

·
Registered
913 Posts
homer,
If you can take a part off the car that is the color you want, take it to your paint store and they will mix any amount you want in that color. I feel that FL has plenty of paint stores.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually thought about doing that , but i did find a cobalt blue metallic paint and it seems pretty close to what i have , so i think i might test this out , but still see how much more for the exact same color

0102112205.jpg

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i found sherman williams sells the paint i need except its almost $200 a quart and my thing is i dont need that much

Does anyone know of a paint spray or something that is very close to the blue glamour poly color , i tried cobalt blue but it was to much blue

Im looking at selling the car very soon and so i wanted to try to do this fairly cheaply without it looking to crappy

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Or you could take off a small piece of your car that's painted, walk into a store with spray paint and see what's what. It looks like a mid-90's GM teal to me. Like something you'd find on a grand am. You could probably get it in a touch-up bottle.

You really aught to just take it to a body shop. If you don't know what you're doing you'll most likely cause more damage to your sale than if you'd left it alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts