Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some discussion on Mike's thread about negative rep (infraction) and also with regard to the past history of rep power when Logan owned the site, I asked Helena, the site Admin if it was required by the new owners and if not, could we remove it. She responded that it has been removed.

So for those wondering, this is what happened to rep power.

I believe as I think most do, that rep power did nothing to enhance the site but actually detracted from it.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Agreed, it served no functional purpose. I always wondered how some of the more knowledgable guys had less than others anyway.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
And there was much rejoicing.

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
It does still seem possible to add infractions for posts tho, if rep power is removed, then maybe that should too.

It now means that we can leave a direct negatine on a post, but not a direct positive.

Perhaps infractions should oly be administered by mods, for reported posts, or similar ?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am unsure infraction does anything, but I could inquire about it also if people feel it is a problem. I think the way things are now is the way it was previously and we had no issues that I am aware of. Still, if there is an issue, let me know and I will take it to Helena.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts