Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install new door speakers, but in order to do that I have to remove the interior of the door.
Does anyone know how I would go about doing this? The only screws I saw hold on the door handle, etc, but not the interior itself. I heard there are these clamps that hold it on but to get at them you have to pop off the door, and installing them back on is a pain in the @$$. Is this true?
Oh yeah, the car is a '74 Cougar XR-7.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
get a good panel remover tool, that way you wont wreck your panel. If not, use a strong putty knife or big flatblade screw driver. and slide it under your panel and then pry up to unclip the clips, pretty easy, but get the proper tool :)

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
line up the clips, and it just snaps in place, The clips are spring loaded kinda, so just a bump with your palm will snap it inplace, but taking them out with a screw driver or something small like that may rip the panel some, so be careful. ;)

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
the main reason for it to hang abit is cuz the backing where the clips slip into rip, thats why you should use a proper panel removeal tool ;) Its only cardboard pretty much, so if you pull and pry it off without care the clips wont fit in tight and it will be real loose and wont fit right.

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
no problem :)

Rick

make sure you check out the chat night tomorrow night around 7pm cst or so, if you have anymore questions, there the place to get live answers.
Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts