Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Cougar is beating me up and we did not have the best of time together doing the door hinge pins and bushings. Well that all went easy but the alignment was the issue. I marked the original position and placed back as they were when I took them off and I still have a very saggy door, I tried to do some free hand adjustments and could not get anything to work. I am thinking I might have bad hinges from the get go on this but still want to figure this out. To align the correctly do you have to take the front fender off? is this what a body shop would do? if so how does the fender come off. Where are the hidden bolts and what should I do to make sure reinstall is easy? Is this too much work for a basic wrench guy?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you watched this video yet? It is a rather difficult job no matter how you attack it.
I watched it 5x and got the hinges off and then back on after the pins and bushings, however it still sags and needs some finer attention. I think fender removal is in the works as well as some better hinges. Waiting on a call back from WCCC. Hopefully I can get a hold of you tomorrow. Going to cougerfest this weekend in Golden, Co so I need to order some parts and maybe next week tackle this issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks like it would be easier to remove the front pass. fender on my '69.
I just have to find out the correct way the remove the fender

1 - 5 of 5 Posts