1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I just put a set of those in two weeks ago. After having to get alignments every 4 months or so because my steering wheel would all of a sudden be off center, I finally went ahead with the Global West eccentric eliminators. The mechanic who put them in wasn't super thrilled with the on-and-off it took to figure the camber out, but I feel like it is much more reliable than before.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's a positive upgrade. IMO the OEM cam plate type eccentrics are a weak link,...and with lower control arm stresses from moderate or aggressive turning, they will eventually slip the camber and toe alignment. Yeah, put the eliminators in and let the strut rod bushings carry the stress.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I have never had a problem with the stock adjusters coming loose, except for the time when an alignment guy left them loose. That made for interesting driving for a few days. Ruined a pair of tires but the shop fixed the alignment and replaced the ruined tires.

IMO the square "adjusters" severely limit the range of adjustment for camber.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put them in mine after the eccentric cam on my passenger side slipped. I put mine in at home and did the alignment myself. As far as limiting the amount of adjustment I have to totally disagree with. I used the Global west plates. Each plate has three holes in it, each hole is numbered from 1-3 on one side, and 4-6 on the other side. I started with 1 and went all the way to 6. The range was +1.25 deg,+1deg,-.5deg,-.75deg,-1.25,And -1.5deg. These measurements were taken on my shop floor with an old style alignment gauge. I also shimmed the floor to level the car on all four corners. Afterwards I took the car to the alignment shop to have it checked and it was nearly dead on what my gauges read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts