Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a video as to removing 7.5 rear end from 1993 Mercury Cougar? If not, could someone provide the procedure for this operation? Thank you in advance.
Lamar

·
Contributing Member
1,946 Posts
Does anyone know of a video as to removing 7.5 rear end from 1993 Mercury Cougar? If not, could someone provide the procedure for this operation? Thank you in advance.
Lamar
I was just looking in the 1993 Cougar/ Thunderbird shop service manual.
I would suggest buying one. There are quite a few things you have to take off because of the rear suspension.
In the service manual on page 04-02-1 there are procedures for rear knuckle, rear spring, shock absorber and stabilizing bar.
A specification section and special tools section.

If you don't want to ruin any parts you take off, I would buy the shop manual. It's a cheap investment.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your reply!! Helping my grandson with this and as far as removing the rear end goes it looks to be a straightforward procedure but when I went over to take a look at it, removing the axles, as you mentioned is another story. Not sure how long he will keep the car but right now it isn't worth very much with the rearend problem. Could I trouble you to post a picture of the pages that addresses the axle removal? Thank you again, Lamar

I have 1960 Chevy Impala Sport Coupe 2drht that I have had almost 60 years (Sept. 10, 2022) and thought that I would share a 10-minute video of our history together. If this is an inappropriate post, I apologize, and a site moderator can remove it. Otherwise, here's the link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts