Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a stupid question, but i didnt get a manual with my cougar and i have no idea how to reset the remote once i change the battery.. its an '01 cougar, if anyone can tell me how to reset it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
92 Posts
If it has remote start it is probably aftermarket. Either way changing a battery in a remote should not require any programming. If you are changing the battery in the car you may want to have the remote handy in case it is a alarm unit and it sounds off when you reconnect the battery.

·
Registered
980 Posts
To get mine to work, I had to blow in the lock three times (to warm it up, I think) then while holding the remote starter button in, rotate in a circle twice (that covers the 360 degree view) while holding the remote sensor in your right hand over your head.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
To get mine to work, I had to blow in the lock three times (to warm it up, I think) then while holding the remote starter button in, rotate in a circle twice (that covers the 360 degree view) while holding the remote sensor in your right hand over your head.
Did you have to say any satanic verses?

On my 99 sable you have to turn the key from off to on (not ignition) 8 times within 10 seconds, leaving it in the on position. The door locks lock and unlock, and then you simply push any button on the remote. Then turn the key back to off, and it should work...

otherwise you most likely have an aftermarket fob and remote start unit.What is the brand on the back of your key fob?You will have to get the proper reset and registration procedures for the particular unit installed in your to make your key work normally.
<!-- / message -->

1 - 4 of 4 Posts