Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What clip?, I don't see no clip! (a picture always helps) If you mean the black plastic clip with the J-nut on it, there is a hole for a screw on the end of the door shell by the upper hinge where a hex head machine screw goes (and into the clip/J-nut).

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What clip?, I don't see no clip! (a picture always helps) If you mean the black plastic clip with the J-nut on it, there is a hole for a screw on the end of the door shell by the upper hinge where a hex head machine screw goes (and into the clip/J-nut).

Regards,

Bob
My car didn't come with a remote mirror and I just ordered the clip you are referring to. I will probably have to drill that hole. Do you have a picture of where is goes?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hmm, not sure, but I can take one for you Jeff. Will post back.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Jeff,

Here is what I've got for you. I was mistaken about the clamp with J-nut, that is for the door harness (on cars that have door harnesses) to keep the harness away from the door glass. What my mirror has is a round, split plastic loom clip that has a arrowhead which plugs into a hole in the door shell (from the inside the shell) that is at the top of the shell right even with the leading edge of the remote mirror base (the upper part not the flanged bottom). Guess there were two types of clips as I see the kind we were speaking of initially is shown on WCCC's site. So one or the other attaches where I have described. The area I am speaking of is what the door panel lays up against when installed. Hope this makes sense, let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you are saying the bolt would sit under the door panel with the clip holding the control cables to the backside of the shell....

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
so you are saying the bolt would sit under the door panel with the clip holding the control cables to the backside of the shell....
Correct .

·
Registered
913 Posts
Bob is 100% correct about the round split plastic holder, but there is no bolt involved, the plastic holder just pushes into a pre-punched hole.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bob is 100% correct about the round split plastic holder, but there is no bolt involved, the plastic holder just pushes into a pre-punched hole.
This is what I thought too Carlton, but then I looked it up on the WCCC site and they show what I know as the door harness clamp shown as for the remote mirror. I figured maybe both were used and changed from one to the other at some point in production? Now you've got me wondering, maybe the WCCC listing is in error and that is actually for the door harness?

Don, Carcheologist (AKA not Lin), anyone?

Bueller? :buck:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts