Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am in the process of restoring a 1968 Cougar XR7. The car is completely stripped down and has just received its final coat of Lime Frost paint. I want it to be a weekend driver (no dragstrip) and I have decided fuel injection is the way to go. I am clueless about fuel injection!

The car originally had a 302 and C4. I would like to put in a 5 speed manual and thinking there must be a fairly easy conversion to also put in a 89-93 5.0 EFI motor.

Can you point me in the right direction to read more about these conversions? Perhaps a book or online reference? Any advice/recommendations from folks who have done this?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
780 Posts
Try the search function on this forum on both the EFI conversion and the T-5 swap and you will see allot of threads in regards to both as I was one of the posters and followers and have done 2 of both of these conversions on Cougars.

The link that 67LM8R put op there is great reference as well.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Check Mustang Plus's web site for a step-by-step conversion article: http://www.mustangsplus.com/tech/efi/index.html

I did a 5.0 EFI conversion in a 79 Mustang several years ago and found the Ford Fuel Injection book by Probst to be very helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts