Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Lots of unanswered questions for a $60K listing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked it up on the registry and it's associated with the dreaded "R" word. Nice looking driver, though.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
It does not appear to have XR7 upolstry. Looks more like std cougar or mustang.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I'm betting it WON'T last long. Probably someone is on there way to check it out at this moment. I love the NO VINYL TOP.

The "R", does that stand for ROOKIE, it was its FIRST YEAR, only year too. LOL

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What are your thoughts on this one?
The following statement in his ebay listing is incorrect:

"All GT-E's were built with open rear ends." <THIS p is listing ebay his in statement incorrect.<>

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I looked it up on the registry and it's associated with the dreaded "R" word. Nice looking driver, though.
I was afraid of that, but my copy of the registry is at the office so I couldn't check. Now you have to wonder if the story about his wife is even true.

·
Registered
307 Posts
:beer:I'm learning stuff all the time! Now if I could only get the little smiley face guy on here with him eating popcorn,I'll stay tuned to this thread.Dave

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I would suggest that INCLUDING comments regarding his wife is NOT in good taste. Come on, give him a bit of slack, what makes you even think that. Lack of detailed info doesn't mean he is a liar. I'm sorry, but that's being to harsh.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Perhaps that is a bit harsh, but do you think someone who would not disclose the fact that the car is a rebody is above making up a sob story to gain sympathy or to give the unsuspecting buyer a reason to think he's getting a great deal? This is my opinion, but I'm sure a lot will agree with me that selling a rebodied car without disclosing that info is fraudulent. You're talking about tens of thousands of dollars difference between a rebody and an original car. That isn't merely a "lack of detailed info".

I sent him a message through ebay and asked him directly if the car had the original drivetrain and sheet metal. We'll see what kind of response I get.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I can agree that he SHOULD have disclosed ALL. I would have, YOU would have, it will be interesting to learn how he answers you...

It could be that her health is such that he just isn't thinking straight, that's what I meant by saying LET'S GIVE HIM A BIT OF SLACK. I know that when you lose your health, well you don't have much left, so that was my thinking.

Love this site................,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I understand Dale. You're a trusting guy who gives people the benefit of the doubt. That's admirable as far as I'm concerned. Wish I could be more that way. But I've been in a business for 25 years that's made me cynical. The last time I trusted somebody was the last time I got screwed. Greed does terrible things to people.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I ask GOD for a GT-E, but I know God doesn't work that way, so I am thinking about stealing one, and asking for FORGIVENESS.

Just kidding.............

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Update:

36 hours and no response to my inquiry.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
There is no excuse for not doing proper disclosure on the rebody ! I would question everything else he says or doesn't say !

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I see that the high bidder at 36k has had 12 bid retractions in the past 12 months.

I wrote him the day it came on line, and I HAVEN'T heard a thing either.

Not good.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I did the same thing, Dale. I corrected a lot of his misinformation and mentioned that he should discolose the rebody and that he should add this email to the auction. No reply, no corrections, no no NO NO!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just received this from the seller.

I asked, DOES IT HAVE THE ORIGINAL ENGINE, AND TRANNY THAT CAME IN THE CAR FROM THE FACTORY?

He answered; LIKE I SAID IN THE AD, IT HAS A 427 AND THE TRANNY IS THE HEAVY DUTY C6 SOME PEOPLE CALL IT THE POLICE INTERCEPTER TRANNY, ITS BETTER THAN THE REGULAR C-6. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL I'M NOT GOOD WITH COMP.

End of his statement.

Should I/we assume it does NOT have the original engine? Wouldn't he just answered my question with a "YES"?

Dale in Indy

1 - 20 of 62 Posts