Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I paid $425 for my Eliminator rad. non air conditioned.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i had mine done a couple years ago and the guy did a mint job..stipped it all, glass bead the tops/sides/bottoms, removed all the excess soldder and put it all back together on a new core, pressure tested the unit and left it unpainted for me to paint and it was $432 with tax for parts and labour...yes they cost a pretty penny

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
About the same here. Was quoted $400 with from the place I've used for 30 years. If it was the original rad I would have done it but it's just a later Modine replacment. So I went with a aluminum rad.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's sounds like it's about the same here. I have one place in town that use to do it, but now they send there stuff somewhere to have it done. I've found another place locally and the guy that owns the buissness is the one that does the work and it's all in house. This gentleman quoted me pretty close to $400 recored w/tax on it, so that sounds pretty much in the ball park with what you guys have gotten for prices too. thanks for the info guys!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow, I am glad I live in Minnesota. Despite all the union labor up here, I had mine done along with AC components for under 300. Just a local small shop and a wheezing old fart that doesn't take credit cards. Hope it works when installed but he comes with a great reputation.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
I was needing a custom job done on my original radiator: recore, add a third row of fins and swap the lower hose connection to the other side. I was quoted $215 at that time. But for $225 I was able to buy a BRAND NEW one already in the configuration I needed ready to bolt in. The fact that it DOESN'T say FoMoCo on it doesn't cause me to lose sleep at night.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it wasn't a rent a racer then I would do something different as well, so that's where the rebuild was the way to go for me.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i just had a 4 core done for the 67 gt, i traded all my old radiator cores for the job. he wanted the oe tanks and straps. the core he used cost him 157.00
if i would have been paying cash for the job it would have been right at 300.00 total.
keep in mind that the radiator business is very competitive in phoenix and this guy has 12 techs in the shop building and repairing radiators. most of his business is for diesel trucks.
he hires attractive women in heals and tank tops to sell for him. :)

Reactions: AZCAT

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
commercial radiator service, 25th ave and mcdowell, the sales gals are all out in the field calling on commercial accounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts