Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my factory spoiler in the mail today. Today is a happy day. I was really diappointed when my cougar didnt have the original spoiler, but now it's here. WHOOOOHHHOOOOO!

Tad.:D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Cool

Dang, I hate it when you get ahead of me like that... I have got to buy a chin spoiler. The rear was on mine and in good shape.
Have you updated your site lately? It has been awhile since I checked your progress out.
Jennifer has the upholstry picked out to be done when we have the money, it will be next year...
shane:D

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
just sold my 70 eliminator the other day. I know ill regret it but the vert is the main priority and the new owners(no not vince harwood, sorry vince better luck some other time) will make it a nice cruiser/show car.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I havent updated the site.....actually the link is no longer in service. I moved to Atlanta so they have comcast so I had to start my service over with them.....I will be buying a domain with a actual name here soon.

Tad.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
TAD, what did you have to pay? I'M nosey, it is 69 right? I need one for my 1970 eliminator. I was told that i can get good reproduction one now a days. looks good geoff.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I worked out a trade with Don Rush. I had some parts he needed and he had the spoiler so I called him up to make a deal. He's a great guy.

Yeah it's a 69, it's made out of differnet material than you 70 would be. The 69's tend to bow in the middle so I'm really happy with this one, It looks real good. From what I understand the repo is for the mustang the the bolt holes are not the same as the factory ones in you deck lid. Thats why i had to find this one. If you buy a repo one you will have to swap out my deck lid as well to drill new holes.

Tad.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Tad, your right, the mustang spoiler is different. the 69 elim spoiler is 31 inches between pedalstels, the 70 is 35.5 inches to 36 . they say the new reproduction, is solid like the 70, and is correct. i think they said it was from virginia mustang. anybody know any different. p.s. what happened to the eliminator your spoiler came off of? geoff.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not sure what happend to the Elim this came off of...

I'm going to have to right those numbers down....those are good numbers to know. I just assumed the 70 was the same mounting space between. it's always good to know the diffences between the 2 years....I almost bought a 70 spoiler on ebay asuming it was the same. I'm glad I didnt buy it.

By the way do you know any preventive maintenance for this spoiler. Like how to stop it from eventually bending in the middle.

Tad.

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Tad,
Did you remove an incorrect spoiler from your car? If so, what condition is it in and and is for sale?

·
Registered
147 Posts
On the subject of spoilers do any of you guys/gals know if a front and or rear spoiler were available options on a 67 cougar? almost forgot to ask about rear window lourves were they available for Cats or was it just stangs. And are there any i can find that would fit my 67. Thanks

Alex

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Tad,
Thanks. I have read the review and will go with an aftermarket unit. It would be a waste to put an original Eliminator spoiler on a 68 anyway. I was just hoping that you were replacing an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought my reproduction Eliminator spoiler from Mustangs Unlimited. It looks great. The only thing I hate about it is that it came with regular steel allen head bolts and they are already rusted. Guess I have to buy some Stainless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts