Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well time has come to put the rear window in and I have the rubber strip mounted to the window and have a question regarding it.

The weather stipping came with the car in the truck in a bag. It had a tag with it "69-70' rear window weatherstripping" but the bag was open.

The question is, does the 69-70 has a non-conforming type rubber edge and appearance to it? Reason I ask is the thickness is alot larger at the bottom of the window then it is at the top of the window. It fits tight as a glove which is good but just want to make sure I am not fitting in something that is from a different year b/c it looks strange to me.

Also, I am installing with the "rope trick", with little success and wondering how much downward force is really needed to "seat" this in the bottom lip.

Any other tips would be helpful, thanks!

Joshua

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Can't advise on what the weatherstripping should look like, but have heard that some judicious trimming is needed in order to get even a fighting chance at getting the trim to fit after you have the glass in. Others I'm sure will chime in to tell you more about that (and hopefully what you have asked otherwise).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts