Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....You people have scared the crap out of me!
I know here have been some troubles with installing the glass on cars with vinyl tops.
My car HAD a vinyl top, but I did not/will not re- install one! That is what caused all this headache to begin with!

My question is: AMK part number "B-11059" Rear window trim clip. Has anyone found a better replacement? From what I read, these should be the magic cure to ill fitting rear windows and trim.

I read several pages of "Fcked up restored trim, warped from polishing, too straight straightened out trim. My original pieces are just crappy looking, but not damaged/warped etc....

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Can you restore the originals or no? Wonder what Don has that may be in better/goodshape? Not familiar with the AMK ones.....but I'd stick to OEM where possible

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are weak, rusted and crappy. A new bag of fasteners is like 10 bucks..

·
Registered
726 Posts
The fasteners (clips) appear to be the right ones.

Just be aware that if you're also replacing the rubber seal, it's a bit thicker than the original so that may give you some challenges too. I had to shave a bit of the rubber off before the clips would hold. If you haven't yet ordered the rubber and are planning to do so, I highly recommend you get it from Don (WCCC) since his the best fitting. I first got one from another vendor and it was a much denser rubber so was impossible to work with ... I tossed it and ordered another from Don. Finally after much trimming, etc. got it to secure properly.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I had ordered the rear window seal a while ago, an went ahead and ordered the clips from WCCC today as well. Car is coming along GREAT! Should be done by early next week.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah - there are many horror stories on fitting the rubber on here....sounds like it will be a challenge. Good luck! It will be nice to see it completed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts