Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to straighten a rear valance on my 69 vert, that was crushed by what looks like a bad tow job with belts...PO didn't know how this happened. (see pic). Have removed old bumper and have a new one ready to go on, but wanted to fix this first. Any body guys in the Snohomish WA area? Thx
removedBumper.jpg

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
There's Cascade Classics owned by John Benoit (he goes by DrCougar here) http://www.cascadeclassics.com/ . He's in Edgewood, WA (I don't know how far that is from you). John

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
yeah you could spend quite a few hours trying to straighten that out - been many years since you have seen a tow truck with straps though! Sure looks like that's what happened...

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
When 8 have a few minutes I will look at my stash. I have one for sure better then that. It does have some small dents that were filled with bondo. They should be easy to fix correctly. At least a lot easier then the one you have now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup. Heard of them...kind of a haul tho' since they're down near Tacoma. That's an hour and a half for me...probably still call them. Thx guys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SO…took the advice from you guys, and this is what happened over the holidays. You can see from the original pic, when I took the bumper off, I found the license plate frame light assembly (it just flopped out when I pulled the bumper) and was full of oil, road dirt, and rust, there was no fixing it…basically toast. The wiring (fortunately) was still intact…long story short, I replaced the old bumper by trading out for a new one at a Monroe swap meet. Replaced the license plate light assembly with a fully restored reproduction (West Coast Cougar had one left). Found a new NOS 69 cougar rear valance on eBay and had it painted. newValance.jpg Then put the whole thing back together…and voila… after.jpg afterLit.jpg Fuel door is next...thanks again guys.
Chris

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Ahh - she was Blue at one point in time from the looks of it.......looks good as new now Chris! Lucky to find a decent bumper at a swap meet!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes indeed. The Marti report says Bright Blue Metallic Ford #3077-A and she will be again..except a brighter modern version of blue of course. I finally decided on Chip Foose Huntington Blue Pearl…as for the bumper, yes lucky. The guy was good people. Hope I'll be so lucky on the front now. Both the valance and the bumper are crushed, so after I'm done restoring the fuel door that's next.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts