Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with ESPO Springs? (www.espo.com) The prices they quoted me are great, just wondering about the part quality and their service. They told me over the phone that all parts are new and American made. Pricing:(1970 Standard, 351C)

Rear leaf springs and asoc. Hdwre (shackles, end bolts, u-bolts, etc.) $225.42

Front: (outer ties, upper shaft and bushings, upper bolt, Lower control arms and bushings, sway, strut bushings, etc.)
$260.00

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I've had reports from a number of people that they've been very happy with the quality and service from espo.

I wouldn't hesitate to try them out personally.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think I know who I'll be soliciting for some site redesign - their prices and quality may be good but their site nearly blinded me :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
New Leaf Springs

I'm also in the market for new leaf springs. These prices seem very reasonable. The web site sayes that for an additional fee they can alter the springs to give more or less ride height, I could use this service to raise the rear of the car so that it sits level, right? How many inches would I need to get the springs raised for the car to sit level? I don't mind the back end sitting a little lower but would much rather have her sitting level.

·
Registered
163 Posts
cleveland - you could alter the front springs, drop your lower control arms down 1" or use air shocks instead of gas shocks in back and use them to level it out as well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I really didn't want to get involved with the front suspenion yet, I am going to do the Shelby mod someday but not any time soon.

I just replaced the old air shocks with some new gas shocks(very cheap only a temporary fix). The old air shocks were the only thing keeping the back end from sagging really bad. I was just trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting new leafs that fix the factory/original sag created rubber mounts and plates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts