Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I need the distance from the drivers side frame rail to the passenger side frame rail at the very back of a 1969 Cougar please. Perhaps right where the leaf spring shackle attaches to the frame. I'm replacing the last foot or so and want to confirm the measurement I have.

Does anybody know of a chassis dimension source? I know these are available for the Mustang but the I know the rear is different for a Cougar.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The chassis dimensions can be found in the 5 volume Ford car shop manuals. I only have the '70 set, so am not sure if the '69 dimensions are different, but for 1970 they can be found in volume 4 (Body), Group 48, Part 05. Most of the major vendors sell the manuals in CD or book format.

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/19mecoma2.html

If you are going to be doing much work on your Cougar these will come in handy.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Dave's advice not withstanding, the measurement about 1" behind the leaf spring shackle tubular sleeves (because the gas tank won't let me get any closer) is 41 5/16" on my car. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Awesome Bob, thanks. I assume that is from the inside edges correct?
James
Correct. I have the frame sheet, thought I had it saved online but have not been able to find it. If you don't have it by tomorrow morning, send me a PM to remind me to put it up online and I will send you a link to it.

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
No reminder needed! Here you go:

You can click into the picture and then save it if you need or like.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts