Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m repairing my 69 xr7 and the last foot or so of the rear frame rail extension is soft. Does anyone know where a replacement can be bought. M . U. offers them but think maybe they,re for a mustang and I think the Cougar is different, thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Different sized bushings for the shackle mount with Mustang frame rails,....larger. They will work, for the last 16" or so, but you will be playing musical bushings, Mustang upper and Cougar on the leaf to shackle mount. How's the trunk floor above the rails? Usually the rail section and trunk floor above are replaced together. Here's the trunk section mentioned, but for '67-'68 http://www.johnsclassiccougars.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=JC-203 Sure you could patch the trunk floor if it's 'soft".

·
Registered
5 Posts
67.5xr7 is right. I did my 67 with the extensions from MU and had to get the Mustang bushings for the rail. I also had to fix the trunk pieces which were rotted bad. We didn't order replacement panels. I am doing a resto mod so I just cut fresh sheet metal to fit and welded it in.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would also modify a mustang truck section at $29.00 or so before I paid over $200 for one .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts