Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this 351 M code would it still have the 3.00 rear end?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
More than likely. Check the tag on one of the bolts that hold the pig in it. The # closest to the hole is the ratio. mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark,intrested in a 351 Mcode with the tranny?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Unless, for some reason, the rear end was replaced, the code on your door tag will also tell you what ratio it is. For example, if it says 6 where it says trans, that is a 3:00 open rear end. What does it say?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
No thanks Dan, next ones going to be a bb and its going to be put together in the next few days. Or that is as soon as my backordered cam gets here. 69Kat, may need it though if its a good runner!

Pats tip on the door plate is good except so many of these old cars have had so much stuff changed over the years so thats why I suggested going right for the rear end tag. If its misssing you know that its been changed and you maynot be able to trust the door tag. mm

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the Referral Mark! Hey dan, is that 'M" code you have a good runner??? I ftheis engine I'm lloking at today doesn't work out then I might want it....

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to see

Im going to get it started be for I take the wire harness out.Hesaid it did run when it was parked-(they all do) we will see though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts