Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
oK I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPEND , MAYBEY THE COUGAR GODS FELT BAD OR SOMETHING, BUT THE CAR RAN LIKE a** HALFWAY TO MY BUDDIES HOUSE THEN BAM! Car ran fine no noise all it's power back, and we are both lost and have not heard the noise all day?
So we installed the Pertronix unit and checked the timing..13 deg at idle!!! and no PING? Is that right? Weird! Well all thanks for the help and i will be listening for the Mystery noise carefully...lol
:eek2:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Hey, come on over, maybe your god will fix my fairlane. Thats great news, but kinda scary at the same time. Listen very closely for awhile.:D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH i will, Logan and i will Rick

Sorry bout that guys...lol
Anyway back to my previous ? Is 13 deg.'s timing too much if it don't ping?Now thats at idle i have no idea what it hits at full throttle...lol
Anywho, yeah it was really weird and i got confused but could do nothing but laugh all the way to his house!
Also the pertronix definatly helped but it still seems to be lacking power not to sure what it is runs smooth and starts great, but has slightly less power than before , any ideas?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
well, you pulled the timing back right?? that would cost you some power. if it runs fine at 13 degrees initial i dont see a problem. take it out and PUNCH IT. see if it pings at top end. mine did. pulled it back and now its happy. less power but no ping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts