Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to get my 67 trim (hood, fender extensions) done. Any feedback on if they should be re-annodized and polished or rechromed? THanks in advance...

Steve:eek2:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
anodize is never as food as chrome always go for the latter. anodize will scratch easier and look worse much sooner.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
the question is what kind of finish do you want. Crome is much brighter looking then annodized. If you want a concorse car then the annodize is a must. I like the idea of crome my self. Neal.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
The aluminum parts that turn white and no amount of polishing will make them shine should be re anodized. Never heard of chroming those parts.

I had Lincoln Plating, Lincoln Nebraska "re-dip" all my aluminum.... This included rocker panels, trunk trim, fender extension parts, hood trim, nose trim. Stuff was done in 1993, still looks great!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
There is a place near me that dose annodizing. Cheaper than chrome and looks great as long as its polished well before hand an is not full of pits. mm

·
Registered
110 Posts
trim to shine

:) Just have someone that is good repolish them. mine were all scratched up and didn't think they were worth saving but the guy made them look like new again. it's a lot cheaper than chrome and looks original too. you'll be happy you did and the $ saved can be better spent somewhere else on the car.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a quote from the chroming place and it's only $100 more to chrome everything. Looking like the way to go. I've got a NOS trunk molding that looks like it's chrome and I'd like everything to match. Now if I can only decide on the paint color:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts