Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Since i recently put my Cougar together, i put some miles in it last couple of weeks.
I noticed a rattling noise somewhere in the frontend (metal to metal) when driving on bumpy roads.
Cant find any loose bolts on body or in enginebay or such. Yesterday i noticed that the parkinglights was a little loose and tightned them. But still this anoying noise.
Was thinking hideawaydoors, but i cant move them when closed.
Dont think its the front springs either, its not that squeeking sound.

Ideas?

Thanks Tommy.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I'm gonna have go with my gut call on this one -- My bet is that the rattle is your front brakes (if you have disc brakes). Easy way to tell is to see if the rattling goes away when the brakes are applied. Our front disc brakes are a very rattle-prone design. You have to make sure that all of the factory anti-rattle clips and insulators are present and in good shape.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cougrrcj, ill check that tomorrow, sounds like it could be the brakes, i have discbrakes,,,

/Tommy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Tommy, det är precis hva du behöver :) Faktisk kan du klare deg med bare gummihylsene, men de er dyrere å kjøpe løse enn å kjøpe hele settet.

Now you guys with a little knowledge in Norwegian and Swedish can guess what this means :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Tommy, det är precis hva du behöver :) Faktisk kan du klare deg med bare gummihylsene, men de er dyrere å kjøpe løse enn å kjøpe hele settet.

Now you guys with a little knowledge in Norwegian and Swedish can guess what this means :evil:
eeuuhhh ... I had one of those, once, and the little wheel fell off... :lolani:

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Ours rattles pretty bad on bumps and sounds just like what you are describing. Ours is actually the hideaway doors. Easy way to tell, try turning on the headlights and see if that changes the noise.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tack Gry (Thanks Mercs4fun). :)
MsRae, i didnt try that, will check that also, Thanks.

/Tommy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts