Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Here is a Cougar I'd love to find - the original G Force Cougar?

This is a vintage pic from early 1967 of a Cougar that Dan was modifying at All American Racers.

Gurney wanted to us his aluminum Gurney-Weslake heads on the Trans-Am Cougars and even tho they made more horse power Ford/Mercury didn't go for it. Probably because they would be required to offer them on the street cars as an option.

That would have been awesome!

What might have been....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Makes you wonder what ever happened to stuff like this. Anybody know Dan Gurney personally?
In the early 1980s Dan was interviewed by someone at At The Sign Of The Cat (CCOA newsletter). I forget most of it, but the thing I remember most is when Dan (in the interview) turned down the offer to be an honorary member of CCOA. I wouldn't call that part offensive, but I felt that in a way he was saying to all of us "get a life" just as William Shatner (in a SNL skit) did in this youtube video starting at 4:07. He didn't share our enthusiasm about the car that was named after him. Maybe/probably they caught him on a bad day.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I think it is time that we collect enough cash to "forge" these parts. Seriously. We can make a fake watermark, that won't interfere with the overall "coolness" that these pieces represent.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I cant collect the cash to purchase other repro parts (taillight grills, center grille, backup light trim)!! One of those COUGAR oil pans would be cool on the cleveland tho!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Some Cougar post cards. Even a Cougar Wagon. Know of any others? I heard there was an XR7-G card, but I haven't seen one. A couple of the item's aren't genuine post cards, but cards of other types. The B & W Eliminator, the Maynard Rupp and the 67 3 D for example.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts