Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Can you drive it to work? I can't see paying that much for a toy you can't even play with.

Now it is making me wonder if I have any toys of value left from my childhood. Ok, you got me, I still play with them from time to time. haha

·
Registered
391 Posts
Someone wanted that really badly! It's very cool. I've never seen one either.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Neat, But not $468 Neat !

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Neat, But not $468 Neat !
Collecting can be a disease. In some cases, once you have it, you can't be stopped. In the mind of the person who bought it, he/she had no choice but to buy it. What if you never get another chance for one of those? You wouldn't want a rival collector to get it when you can get it first would you?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Disclaimer: All opinions found on this board are just that; opinions. If anyone takes offense to anything mentioned here (or on any other message board), message boards are not for them.

Also, don't feed the trolls.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Disease!, did you say, DISEASE?

Yep, I would say some of those folks appearing on PICKER'S have a disease, something isn't right in their minds, IMO.

I have no clue as to whether the buyer of the XR7 toy has such though, may be a member with sound reasons to buy it.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Ill admit i got a small collecting problem.I got over 150 1/64 and 1/18 cougars in both my curio cabinets, night stands and on a shelf.But i dont have 2 of the same.But i am winding down cause there isnt much i dont have cause there nice to own but not like getting in the real thing n cruising.Will they become collectible in the years?Perhaps but to see someone spend 450.00 + on a diecast or even a original hot wheels is crazy.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Investment, is the only thing here...I would have bought it, if I had a bit better cash flow right now...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Investment, is the only thing here...I would have bought it, if I had a bit better cash flow right now...
Unsolicited advice from a guy who has dealt in collectible for 25+ years. If you are buying as an investment, you are making a mistake. The truly spectacular and valuable collections I have seen over the years, and there have been a lot, were all assembled by collectors with a true passion for what they saved. 99 out of 100 people that I've dealt with who bought collectibles because they thought they were going to make money turned out to be big losers.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Basically, if you buy it, and it makes you happy, and it doesn't hurt anyone, who can argue, as long as you're happy...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
:lol2:9 out of 10 men who tried camels ---- prefer women!

Yeah - best advice I ever heard was only collect it because you like it - it's to much of a fad most of the time. Look how bad baseball cards tanked!!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Basically, if you buy it, and it makes you happy, and it doesn't hurt anyone, who can argue, as long as you're happy...
So true there.Just like buying the bigger scales of our cars, we may own 1,2, or more its all about enjoyment.

thanks
pat

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Amen

I would have brought it too if I didn't have to rebuild the 428

Current Cougar toy inventory is approaching 400 - and they keep releasing them - right now its M2's new range of 68's and 70's

Just picked up 2 x 1:43 scale transporters to display the 1:43 Sunstar / Eagle Race and variations

1 - 17 of 17 Posts