Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I stepped out of the office today to go get some lunch I noticed something odd about half a block away. I immediately knew what it was but in my head I was thinking that it wasn't one of "those" simply because you just don't see "those" around here.

To my joy it certainly was one of "those" and I had a chance to talk with the owner a bit and really size up the car. First off let me say that this car was superbe! It was much smaller than I had imagined and had a strong muscular look from all angles. Under the hood was a 351 with lot's of room and I noticed the speedo was rated at 140 (mph?).

What a fantastic car and a pleasure to finally be able to see one in real life!

Here are a couple pix I snapped.

Image 1

Image 2

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
We had one like this at Cascade Cougar clubs Prowl last summer, in Renton WA. Neet cars!!!!!!!

·
Contributing Member
5,860 Posts
BTW - those GT coupes were built to race in production touring cars - like trans am. The 140mph speedo is real and the 4V clevelands with top loader and 9" would cruise all day. The GTs also have 4 wheel disc brake set up.

The one in the photos looks like a real nice example although the wheels spoil it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
what year is that?

66? the front end looks like it.

i didn't even notice the right hand drive until i read leon's response!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was great to see and meet all the Cougar owners ar the WA meet last year ( I had the Red GT there). For those who are back east there will ba a get together of Australian Falcon Hardtops at the "All Ford meet" at Carlisle PA.
Info at : www.madmaxcars.com

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Thanks Jeff

Jeff,
Will you be at the Prowl this summer? e enjoyed your company last summer and hope you'll be able to drop by. Neal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neal,
When is the dates for the Prowl? I hope to be there with my new GT and Troy from Mad Max Cars .Com as he has the only Landau in the USA.
Hope you are happy and well
Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts