Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick,
Bid and if you win ship it to me. I'll put it on my car and drive up to show it to you. No if you need some help on this line let me know. Helping you get things like this occationaly is fine with me. Neal.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Thanx Neal, but I dont need the ram-air yet. Maybe when I get my car running then I maybe take you up on your offer. Then drive over and pick it up. lol. No, you cant use it if I did buy it,lol.

Thanx alot for that, I really do aprreciate it lots.

Rick

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Rick, don't put too much weight on the "ship to US only" line. I have contacted many sellers that state this only to find that they will gladly ship to Canada. I think the intent is that they don't want to ship worldwide?? A quick email will clarify!

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Yeah, thanx Bruter. I did that with a B&M shifter from ebay. His auction said to US only, I emailed him and he said he would ship to me, I got the shifter on Monday, from an auction that ended Feb.23rd. Im takin a break from ebay for a few months.

I just need to concentrate on what I have now for my car. I almost have everything for it, so I will assemble what I have, then find what I need when the time comes.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
but look at the price! :eek2: this is why so many young people drive rice rockets..... we have to compete with the older guys for the parts with less income. damn, screw that piece, im making my own. i wont spend more than 50 to make mine. well, 150 including the scoop.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
we have to compete with the older guys for the parts with less income. damn, screw that piece, im making my own
but it took me 30 years of 70+ hour weeks before I could afford to by my first Cougar. I don't like paying $1200 for rebuilt ram air either, $325 for repro snorkel that I currently need or $1300 for 428 smog set-up

My first VW cost me $100, built everything myself and would pull 14.2

I like your solution to build it yourself - be creative cause it's your car

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Steve, I'm with you about the price. What gets me is that people will give it. Not me but some will. The things that are not repoed are the problem. I dont know if the ram air setups are repoed or not but someone could make some money if they did. There isnt that much too them. At least when some joker asks a assinine price for like a spolier, you at least have the repo option, although some repos are better than others. mm

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark,
Shakers are being repoped. But not Cougar ram air units yet any way. Heres a link to the shaker site.

http://www.fordramair.com/

We had a discusion about this in the chat last week. Neal.

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Thanks for the link BadCat...I've been searching for one of these. It may not be original but looks close enough for my purposes.... I think I'll try one.:D

Thanks again

Dale

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Hey BadCatt....is that the same size as the factory units? It looks small sitting on that hood....but could just be the pic....looks good though.

Don't know if I'll be around for the Prowl in July but would love to come down and check it out for real....

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
BTW that's a Torino/Cyclone rubber seal, not a Cougar. The rest is the same I think. At $560.00 the reserve hasn't been met! I'm glad I have have hood pins ;-) (I put padlocks on them)

Leon, I need the smog stuff too. It's a "maybe next year" item, perpetually. In Aussie money it's like $2500 isn't it!?

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://hometown.aol.com/timbrands/Cougar.html

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ram-Air 428 cj

This a picture of the engine compartment of my 1970 SCJ Eliminator. It is all original, unrestored.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts