Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a decent radio bezel for a 1968 cougar. I am not sure what all fits. I'm thinking maybe 1967-68 cougar and 1968 Mustang? Anyway, I have a large hole in my dash from P.O. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Mercury68

I think this cougar forum is cool!

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I appreciate the information.I didn't know that a
radio bezel was a remanufactured part. That gives
me another option. I would like to try to find a good used one, but at least now I know where to get a new one. I thought I had a deal worked out with a man from Canada but I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. I guess thats part of the game.
Thanks,
mercury68

p.s. I think its cool to have cougar members from Australia. I know they are die hard muscle car guys. I met an Australian man at a car show in Indianapolis Indiana about five years ago. Why I remember this was because he was cougar owner. That definately deserves a long distance award.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
I'm in Canada and may have your part. If it was John L you were getting parts from he's on road a lot so maybe good to wait for him as he's an excellant source for 7/8 parts. There are two bezels for 7/8 I think one with console one w/o

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Ray. I wasn't dealing with John L, but he may be someone I need to know. As for the two different bezels that was something I wasn't aware of. The car I am redoing right now is a 68 standard coupe with no console. The car that started my love for cougars was a 1968 cougarxr-7 with a console. I always assumed that the console took the place of the bezel. Thanks for the info. Maybe now I can get the right one.
Thanks,
Mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to thank everyone who visited this thread. I have found a bezel.
Thanks,
mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts