Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what are the measurements for the inlets and outlets are? I'm thinking about 1-1/2 and 1-3/4 but want to make sure.
Thanks
Cody

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
????

On what? Your mother's Subaru? My mom's old Caddy?

OK, we still need to know on what. What car, what year, what engine, A/C or not, HD cooling or not...

Sorry, I cn't help being such a smartash tonite! :p:

Milo

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I cn't help being such a smartash tonite!
SmartASH ? whats that? I've never heard of that one.
Oh, did you mean smartASS ? - were even now, lol :p:

Anyway......
It's for my '70 Cleveland thats going into my '67, no air conditioning(I rely on the 2x65 system;), not as good but more reliable )
I'm going with an aluminum radiator, and I just don't trust the guys down at the local speed shop to get it right.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Misspelling

The misspelling was deliberate in case the Moderators have some kind of language filter in there. Besides, I want to keep the language on the clean side since who knows whose kids are accessing the site. Anyway, you know exactly what I meant, and that was the whole purpose.

OK now, your 67 Coug radiator will have one size requirement (depending on engine application) and the Cleveland will have another. I'd suggest finding a hose application that will fit (probably from a 70 Mustang/Cougar w/ Cleveland) and base your new radiator neck sizes off of that. I prefer the look of factory preformed radiator hoses to the flex hoses. Not only do they look and fit better, but they flow better too!

Any particular reason in going with an aftermarket aluminum radiator? My wife's 70 Mach 1 351C-4V has 'just' its original 2-row and it works just fine. Both of my 73 Cats with their 351C-4Vs had a/c originally so they have three row radiators. They have never overheated! AlphaCat is putting out some serious hp too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts