Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the radiator frame the other day (straightening it out a bit) and I noticed that it's bent to the rear. When I looked at the flat parts on both sides of the radiator I could really deduce if it should be straight or not (or flat, or whaterver the correct term is). Anyone here who knows?

Thanks,
Matthijs

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I'll be more clear:

When looking at the top of the radiator frame (radiator support bracket or whatever it's called... the thing with the hole in it in order to let the air through) from the side, it's not in a straight line from one side to the other (as it does at the bottom of it) but it is curved.
Is the curvature normal, or should it be straight from one side to the other? I figure the standard radiator is straight, so I would expect the frame to be straight as well, although on mine I cannot see any indication that it should be straight or curved, so is there anyone who knows?? Please?
Thanks,
Matthijs

P.S. I'm talking about straight as in 'a straight line', don't get confused about my car's preferences or anything ;)

·
11,000 Posts
It should be straight across on the forward side. The top has a upward curve at each side.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay great! Thanks Royce.
I guess I have some more hammering to do...

Cheers!
Matthijs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts