Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a unisteer rack and pinion that will fit an 65 66 and 67 mustang fit an 68 cougar only thing I can think of is the steering shaft is smaller on the 68. What do I have to do to make it fit

·
Registered
913 Posts
If it were me, I would get in touch with Unisteer, they are more apt to be of help

·
Registered
780 Posts
And let us know what their answer was as I'd like to do a swap on my 67.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes steering shaft is different but are there kits different cause of the shaft they come with like you can use a long or short one or is it like an gear box where they have a long shaft or short so you can't really swap them. I'm trying to say is the only difference from there 67 and 68 is that they just grab the right shaft and put it in the kit

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
check with steeroids---all the mouts fit well but the big block pan did not---i sent them pics and dwgs and they might have a factory big block set up---nice to drive
doctordesoto

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can you use a big block rack on a small block? There was a nice TCI rack for a big block on Ebay I was looking at but unsure of the differences.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would think that the only difference would be in the way the power st. pump would bolt up and pulleys line up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts