Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I've posted some pics of Q-vert.

Duluth got about 2 hours of sunshine this weekend, so I decided to take advantage of it and snap some pics. By the time I put the car back in the garage... another thunderstorm with pea-sized hail swept in.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Thar sure is a mighty purdy cat you have there. Thanks for posting!!!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

This picture has the Lift Bridge in the background. The ships enter St. Louis Bay under the bridge. It is a focal point for tourists - a major part of our local economy.

Iron ore is a big part of the regional economy. The steel in our Cougars was most likely made from ore mined from Minnesota's iron range. Ford was a major investor in the Fairlane taconite processing plant in Forbes and the Thunderbird mine in Eveleth (home of Hockey Hall of Fame). You can see an ore dock in the background and, if you look close, an ore boat.

Ships come from all over the world. The "salties" mostly take on grain from the elevators in the background in this picture.

Still have a few things to sort out on the car, but it's 98% there.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the car to the 12th Annual Twin Ports Mustang & Ford All Ford Show today. There was a really neat Mustang Concept car there.

Hard to believe this is a 1993 - It could pass for next year's model. Has a supercharged 4.6 under the hood.

Check out the tunable exhaust.

Q-vert took 1st in the Mercury & Lincoln class. I guess she's a debutante now.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Pretty cool Mustang concept car. Congrats on placing 1st Rob. :beer: John

·
Registered
316 Posts
Your car is sweet , the model is like mine except my top is just a little better condition :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Congrats on the 1st place :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Congrats Rob!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This year's Twin Ports Mustang and Ford Club show had to contend with bands of brief thundershowers, that popped up a few times this afternoon. Everyone seemed to take it in stride. Beautiful day - mid 70s with a cool breeze - in between the showers. Q-vert held on to its title as best in the Mercury - Lincoln class. No other Cougars in attendance, but I did meet up with a CCOA member who drove his Mustang instead.

The local TV station ran a segment on Father's day, featuring the show. My car is briefly shown at 1:14. Famous!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I love the little model Rob! Bet you got some major time in that! LOL takes a fair amount of work to make them look that bad.......good job! Glad to hear the Q girl is purring good now! I'm inspired to start on my vert now......

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the little model Rob! Bet you got some major time in that! LOL takes a fair amount of work to make them look that bad.......good job! Glad to hear the Q girl is purring good now! I'm inspired to start on my vert now......
Actually, it only took a few minutes on eBay... The model usually gets more attention than my car at the shows.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What little model? I missed that. Congrats Rob on the trophy and the engine, when did you get the engine all back together and running good? I missed that!

Edit: Oh, I see (and remember now), the model was in post #3.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bob - finished up the engine (and heater core) reinstall over Memorial Day weekend. "Running good" is not quite achieved yet. Still fiddling with it. I have had to turn down the idle speed a couple of times as the engine breaks in. My fast-idle isn't working right (using the manual method of holding pedal at 1200 rpm until warmed up). Haven't tried to figure that out yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts