Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm waiting on WCCC to deliver a pair of Opera lights for my '69 Decor Pack. Is the harness already wired to connect these, or will I need to splice them into the footwell light circuit through the headlight switch?
Thanks in advance!

Peter Lynn

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
One side of my 70 decor had the harness in place and the other didn't. The lights have a short pigtail that plugs into the courtesy light harness which runs under the sill plate and connects to the underdash harness right near the top of the metal dash on either side of the car. You might have to remove the dash pad to see where they plug in. You'll have to take a look and see if you have the harness already in your car. If I remember correctly it's a blue/blue & black pair of wires.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff, and thanks for that useful info. I've noticed the blue/black leads in the 69 Mustang wiring diagram I have. If the leads on the light are short, the connections must be pretty close to one of the most inaccesible parts of the harness! There's not much room for cat swinging in the wheelhouse area, is there? Your '70 looks beautiful, by the way. Is that Competition blue because it almost looks as though it has a little green in it.

Regards

Peter

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Hi Jeff, and thanks for that useful info. I've noticed the blue/black leads in the 69 Mustang wiring diagram I have. If the leads on the light are short, the connections must be pretty close to one of the most inaccesible parts of the harness! There's not much room for cat swinging in the wheelhouse area, is there? Your '70 looks beautiful, by the way. Is that Competition blue because it almost looks as though it has a little green in it.

Regards

Peter
Yes, the dash area connection for the courtesy lights is a pain to get to. The "C" pillar connection is a piece of cake since the harness is connected to the inner metal structure via a clip and just hangs right where the courtesy light opening in the sail panels is. The lead attached to the light is only a couple of inches but it's no problem making the connection.

Thanks for the compliment. My car is Competition Green. Depending on the light and your computer screen, it can look blue sometimes. In person it is most certainly green.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I guess that explains the greenish hue! The greeish hue in mine comes from that god awful Light Ivy Yellow color that I hope to change! I'll do some poking around and see what I find behind the sail panels.
Incidentally if you are into Die cast models I notice that ERTL have just announced their 1/18 Eliminator in your color. I have the Competition Yellow first issue.
Many thanks for you help.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts