Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the orientation of the clips that holds the trim pieces on? Also Is it necessary to install the trim the same day as the windshield or can I wait? I am getting ready to re glue the headliner. Last time the headliner was installed it came loose on it's own. Not sure if it was due to poor adhesion the first time or my lack of installing the windshield and trim around the sides?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I didn't ask this right. How do these clips go when installed? Which side against the car and which side is up?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Harvey,

Here's how it works on a '68. This is the view of the upper trim for the windshield. I don't know whether it works the same for a '69, but I hope this helps.

I strongly recommend getting the Ford shop manual for your car. Mine has become my best friend. It has great step-by-step instructions for windshield and headliner replacement (and everything else).

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Now I feel kinda sheepish. I do have a manual. Didn't think it would be in there and obviously didn't look first. Will next time. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts