Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the correct placement for the eliminator stripe on the rear wing of a 70 Eliminator? Does it go directly in the middle of the top of the wing or is it closer to the back or the front? I have looked at numerous pictures and have noticed it various ways. I would like to put it in the same place as the factory did when the cars were new. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its really tough to figure out from all the pictures i have gathered. I thought I would post a question as someone out there has to have an original paint Eliminator??? Thanks for the reply.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I think it was closer to the back of the wing then the middle but as to its exact measuremnets im at a loss.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I looked at the pictures I have, and I came up with two clear ones. one in the middle, the other towards the rear...
I cant help you tonight, sorry
shane:( :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses. The bottom edge of the stripe looks to be about an inch from the back of the wing. I will use the photo as a reference. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
stripes

I have an Eliminator that I'm working on, so this type of thing intrest me. I had never noticed before the differences in the detail from car to car.
I'm hoping that Royce or Frankor someone who knows for sure the diamensions of the stock graphics, will see this thread and offer some input on the subject.
My resto will not be 100% concourse, but someone who is doing the concourse thing and plans to show the cat in a points show will need this info.
shane:confused:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Bid?

What was it? Im at work and do not want to go thru Ebay right now, just to time consuming...
shane:D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The starting price is $350.00 with no reserve. No bids yet.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I'm all for original, but that's a couple of after-markets and enough beer to paint and install them to boot! His write up says that it's woth $600. Be interesting to see where it ends.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Actually I have been following this for a few weeks. This is the second time he listed it......the begining auction was at 380.00 now he has 350. I think it would be worth to 4 to 600 range if it was complete, but there is know hardware for the application.

Tad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if this will help, my 1970 elim is being painted as we speak, went to the garage last night, we need a stripe kit, one that includes the spoiler, he said the original is in the middle, and the stripe stops, it doesnt go down the sides.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts