Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was ready to put the little paint daub on my rear shocks when i thought I would double check on here. From old posts a lot of pictures have been deleted so didn't help.

What I found by reading was that not all shocks, or springs or driveshafts were the same color. My build sheet is pretty much black from being under the sound deadener all its life.

The car is a 68 XR7, 390 2v with air. I will be trying to duplicate all paint marks on the car. Instead of asking individually I'll just throw this out there and see what all I can aquire. Any pictures or other information on the paint daubs or stripes would be appreciated.

Where and with out the build sheet can I find the correct colors and locations for these? Thanks all.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Harvey, you would have to list everything about the car in order to find another one like it with a clean build sheet, but I will share a tip about how to clean your build sheet so you can read it. Find a paint store and buy a quart of grease and wax remover, use a shallow pan that is big enough to hold your sheet and pour the liquid over the paper, this will remove enough of the black stuff to be able to read it. leave it long enough to do all it's going to do and remove and dry on paper towels. This will not hurt the build sheet.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tow cat I will give that a try. Would love to be able to read what it says. Thanks

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after looking at the paper that I found under the passenger side carpet it is not the build sheet but a final inspection sheet. Nothing on it about any of the marks that I am looking for. Where next?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts