Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the wiring harness goes out through the radiator core support on the drivers side and then back through on the passenger side, is there supposed to be rubber gromets? I don't recall removing any and have not seen any for sale?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Harvey, I don't recall removing any rubber grommets on my car also. My '68 Cougar Elec Assembly Manual on page 8 (View D) doesn't show any rubber grommets. Another note, in my '68 Vacuum System Diagnosis Guide on page 5,the headlight vacuum lines also go through the opening on the drivers side. John

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
No rubber grommets. The sheet metal is rolled over to prevent any damage to the wires.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed that the metal was smooth and thicker there. Just seems that them wires should have went through something. Thanks though. So many little things going on right now and none of them are being wrapped up! So many hours into this and really can't see much progress right now. All the work is inside or in the trunk concealed! Will be real nice when I actually get some glass back in her, or start on the interior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts