Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning, Stuff started running through my head last night and couldn't sleep, cause of the storm couldn't get on here either.
My cougars interior is black. My question is the metal dash portion, glove box and ash tray. What color of black would that be? Satin black? I know it would not be the same as like up in the engine area right? How do I figure out colors without buying and trying?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I *think* the color would be Charcoal Black Metallic, at least that is what it is on 69/70 with black interior. I get mind at NPD and it is available for both soft and hard parts.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, we will go with charcoal, I will look at the glove box and see if I can see any metallic :) Way to much running through my head on this.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and under the hood is an eko coat? or semi flat black?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Ok, we will go with charcoal, I will look at the glove box and see if I can see any metallic :) Way to much running through my head on this.
That's exactly what I did on mine, looked under the plastic glove box on the door under a microscope. Sure enough, CBM.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
and under the hood is an eko coat? or semi flat black?
I used satin black, looks correct, Rustoleum spray bombs at that. Initially, I was lamenting this choice, but now am very happy I did it this way. Touch-up is a breeze (and there will be touch-up's!).

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not fooling anyone or myself I bet that I will cuss myself much more than once and a good tip on the touch ups!! In my mind I keep telling myself slow...but my mind keeps running faster and faster over stuff right now I can't do anything about anyway! shoot right now I don't even have the car!! Can spend all day for quit a few weeks though cleaning parts and organizing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts