Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Holley Sniper efi kit put in my 69 Cougar using my original tank & Holley's external fuel pump. I didn't like the constant humming the fuel pump made so I bought a 22 gallon tank, new fuel pump & sending unit. The tank came with a rollover vent valve that the instructions said to mount higher than the filler neck. I told the shop not to drill any holes in my body & they wouldn't install the vent in the trunk. When I picked up the car the tech suggested that I get an inline vent valve & plumb it into the tanks existing vent line & run it out the floor of the car.

I'm ok doing that as it's a safety device in case of a rollover, but since it will be an inline vent & lower than the filler neck, would it actually work properly to vent the tank? I already have a vented gas cap but Holley recommends venting the tank as well. Right now it's cold outside but I'm concerned that there might be a problem when it gets hotter, the gas expands, & the tank doesn't vent properly.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions they care to offer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a Tanks Inc EFI tank in my 69. I installed the rollover vent next to the filler neck with the vent hidden behind the fuel filler door. I removed the screen cap and added a 90 bend where it passes through the sheet metal along the filler neck and reinstalled the screen cap. Its the black cap to the right of the gas fill in the first picture.

Tank Vent 6.jpg Tank Vent 7.jpg

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pictures, that's a perfect spot for me as my car originally had air shocks and the lines were located exactly where yours is pictured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts