Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, truth is its not a Cougar its a 73 stang and I'm helping my buddies kid put in a drivers side floor pan. When we got the carpet out we found the rear floor panel under the rear seat is in pretty bad shape also.

We got a full length floor pan from mustangs unlimited, its the regular 71-73 panel and it fits very good. I went to most of the vendors catolouges and they all list for the rear seat panel as only for up to 68. How much different is this panel? Is it worth my time to modify it or just start from scratch? Anyone been down this road before? mm

·
Registered
160 Posts
rear seat floor

Well Modified Mark I'm thinking wvcat pretty much nailed this one on the head but if you cann't find a donor car I say start from scratch thats what the body guy had to do with my 73 XR7 rear seat area.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I would rather start from scratch than try to cut out a piece from a donor car, I think I would end up with a peice of scrap by the time you got the all the spot welds and seams chisled out.

I think I'll just start cutting and bending a piece to fit it. The problem is the panel looks like it has to fit the same contors as stock to clear the back seat frame work!!

I just thought if the 68 piece was even remotely close it might save some work. Thanks mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts