Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Question for Royce/68 Rear Quarter Reflectors

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  C-Spot 
#1 ·
Royce,

You mentioned in another discussion today that there are Mustang suppliers that have repo 68 rear quarter reflector assemblies for $60 a pair. Could you please let me know who has these so I can go ahead and check another hard to find item off the list. Thanks!!

#2 ·
Hi Rick,
I talked to John Baumann at John's Cougars in Michigan 616-396-0390 he has them in stock but they are $80 EACH!!! Seems like they were much cheaper at the Columbus swap meet but then I have been mistaken in the past. I recommend calling a Mustang parts dealer, they are of course the same part used on late 1968 Mustangs.

#3 ·
Thanks for the help! Still cheaper than NOS stuff unless you want to sell me that $50 one you bought just before I got to the guy! Just kidding, not sure if you remember me. I was giving you the business about buying the NOS one off the swap board at the East Coast Nationals. I'm the guy that told you I sanded and clear coated my XR7 dash panel and it actually turned out nice. You looked at me like I lost my mind but it really did work! Hope all's well and hope to see you again at another event.

#4 ·
Rick,

I will be at the East nats in Jersey for sure if there is a hotel picked by June.

Royce

#5 ·
#6 ·
status of quarter reflector assemblies....

To all,
After seeing this topic and seeing the replies, I was motivated to check it out as I have bid more than I should have recently for NOS assemblies. After calling several mustang suppliers,some of which didn't have any idea what they were, I found three that had them in stock. (Remember, it was a saturday so I got alot of them not answering the phones......I don't think there is a problem with finding them available.) Anyways, prices were 89.00 a piece,85.00 a piece, and 79.00 apiece at Tony Branda. Make sure you specify which you need, meaning not an assembly that fits into a recessed reflector which they indicated was also available. Hope this helps.....I was in a hurry to find a pair for my restoration but now that they are plentiful I'll wait. The guy at Tony Branda's indicated they are made from Ford Tooling and are identical to factory.............Keith

#7 ·
This post is interesting as the picture of one on the link at e-bay do not look like the one on the 68 Mustang that I just picked up. Mine has a body colored rectanglular bezel around it?? Anyway since I'm going to be putting quarter skins on it in the near future I think I'll probably opt for the ones that are availabe with out the reflector indents in them as I think they look cleaner, so I may have a set up for grabs later. mm

#8 ·
Mark, let me know if you decide to sell them. I talked with a guy that runs a Mustang restoration shop this past Friday and his source was $87.00 a piece. I'm just not ready to shell out that much for a set just yet.

You guys would like the Cougar they were working on. 351 Windsor crate motor with either a Paxton of Vortec supercharger on it. Looked pretty sharp. The guys painting it Bullitt green with Torque Thrust wheels on it.

#13 ·
Caleb,

I appreciate you posting the photos. Since I'm doing mine from the ground up and trying to get as close to perfection as possible, I've decided to go with the new reproduction pieces Royce mentioned. Thanks for the response and sorry it took me so long to get back with you. 6 month old baby keeps me hopping these days!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.