Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, how are you folks...this is a real cool-ass board. I'm pretty new to the game, and my question is about paint, and the different types and prices of it. I have (2) 67xr7's and (1) 67 std. The standard is getting ready to paint... So, I was wondering what the run down on paint prices are, like how much would one pay for a half-decent job? Also, how much better or worse is it if you can get your hands on factory (i.e. Ford Motor Plant) paint.? Please include any info on 'Candy Paint" like the price, and how many layers compared to the lower choices. Well thanks in advance! I will try to post pictures soon.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I don't know about your prices over there, but check out the comments on "Paint Poll". I would go for base coat/ clear coat, AND the proper priming.
You don't want a half decent job, you want a 100% total perfect job. lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can get a nice base coat/clear coat for $500. But that's from a friend. And that's just paint, no bodywork. I had a few quotes on a couple of Chevelles I had and the lowest was $3,000. I'd just suggest to shop around in your area and ask friends if they recommend anyone. Of course you could always do it yourself. Like many of us here, if we had the room and the equipment it would be a no brainer. I'd paint my car a different color every season lol

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hey, I'm beginning to think my R8000 quote was'nt to bad, going on your prices gatorphan, that works out to US$800. Paint and labour included. [Base coat/clear coat pearl]

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not sure what the rest of the guys are used to paying. Did you say they were also doing the bodywork for that price? I thought you said there was some rust problems and they were dismantling the car. If they're doing all that work, you're robbing them for $800. I'm sure it will look great!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Yep, derust, metal work and dismantling, completely stripping off the old paint, etch priming, base coat/clear coat pearl finish. $800 seems low your side, but its R8000 our side, which is quite high, normally I could get it done for R4000 [$400], but I want a really good job. Our economy sucks here, along with the exchange rate.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts